The Bible says that when one member of the body suffers, the whole body suffers with it (1 Cor 12:26). Applying this to the family context, we cannot isolate the
The Bible says that when one member of the body suffers, the whole body suffers with it (1 Cor 12:26). Applying this to the family context, we cannot isolate the individual problems from the family since everyone is emotionally and behaviorally intertwined. In view of this connectedness, problematic actions by one party will cause conflicts and dysfunctions in others, hence the need to handle them appropriately.
This training focuses on family behaviour rather than individual behavior, highlighting patterns in communication and interaction, separateness and connectedness, loyalty and independence, and general adaptation in the context of the family. Understanding these characteristics within the family may explain why members of a family behave the way they do in a given situation and examining them helps to initiate engagement in families in ways that foster optimal family connectedness and regain healthy functioning
Open to parents, church workers and anyone who wish to be equipped to work more effectively with families
- Participants will learn about the concepts of Family Counseling from both a biblical and a psychological perspective, understanding the purpose of genograms, self-differentiation, emotional triangles and cut-off.
- Participants will understand how dysfunctional interactional patterns affect family members and being transferred from one generation to the next through the multigenerational transmission process.
- Participants will be given case studies, role plays and other activities to experience and apply the theory and techniques to help individuals effect positive changes in their family system.
- Sessions 1 & 2: 4 Jan 2020, Saturday (10am-5pm)
- Sessions 3 & 4: 15 Feb 2020, Saturday (10am-5pm)
Penang Christian Centre, No.1, Jalan Khaw Sim Bee, George Town, Pulau Pinang.
- RM200 (only for NACC members)
- RM400 (for non-members)
Limited to 40 places only, on a first-come first-serve basis.
- Online registration and payment below
- Crossed cheque in the name of “National Assoc of Christian Counsellors” and send by post to the NACC office at:
No. 2-2B, Block K, Jalan PJU 1/3A, Sunway MAS Commercial Centre, 47301 Petaling Jaya, Selangor.
- Registration via email and Online Transfer to Bank account, with your full name and membership number (if any):
Name: National Association of Christian Counsellors, Malaysia
MBB A/C No. 5122 3134 8681
** Important: For payment methods 2 & 3, please email your registration and bank in or transfer payment confirmation to : email@example.com otherwise we cannot register you for this event.
This course is part of our 60 hours Certificate in Lay Christian Counselling, an initiative to raise up more lay counsellors for the local church.
January 4 (Saturday) 10:00 am - February 15 (Saturday) 5:00 pm
Tickets are not available for sale any more for this event!
Dr. Yeo Pei Li
Dr. Yeo Pei Li
A licensed counsellor with the Malaysia's Board of Counsellor since 2003. She specializes in career counseling, family counseling, and using psychometric testing in her sessions, such as administering personality test, career interest test, aptitude test and couples test. Besides counseling, she lectures, gives talks and conducts workshops to a wide spectrum of society, i.e. from school children to corporate staff. Topics she has trained or lecture include Personal Development Series such as self-discovery, leadership, time management, motivation, paracounseling skills, sex education, career planning, resume writing and interviewing skills. Her doctorate is in counsellor education and supervision from Regent University. She is the Dean of Counselling at Alpha Omega International College, board member of NACC Malaysia and an active member of the Family Life Ministries at FGA KL, her home church. She was formerly a banker and has worked in the Customer Service Division and Training Department.