Introduction Suicide is a difficult and often taboo subject. However, we can all learn how to listen to and help someone who is having suicidal thoughts. This workshop will provide understanding
Suicide is a difficult and often taboo subject. However, we can all learn how to listen to and help someone who is having suicidal thoughts. This workshop will provide understanding and answers questions many of the crisis interventionists have about suicide, such as Why do people kill themselves? How do I ask someone if they are feeling suicidal? What do I say or do if they say they are suicidal? How do I deal with the strong emotions suicide generates?
Participants will learn basic information about suicide and basic practical skills for suicide prevention and intervention.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand basic myths and facts about suicide
- Learn how to spot the signs and risk factors of suicide
- Identify the protective factors to reduce the risk of suicide
- Develop intervention skills and strategies when encountering people with suicidal risk
- Be aware of the elements of survivor grief
- Understand the feelings and reactions of suicide survivor
- Know about community referral sources
Church staff, lay counsellors, parents and any others who wish to be more effective in helping someone who is having suicidal thoughts.
Date: 18 Nov 2023 Saturday
Time: 9:30am to 12:30pm
Glad Tiding PJ
via ZOOM (for out of Klang Valley Participants)
Fees: RM70 for NACC member and RM100 for non-member
NACC Contact Hours Awarded: 2 hours
1. Online registration and payment below
2. Crossed cheque in the name of “National Assoc of Christian Counsellors” and send by post to the NACC office at:
No. 2-2B, Block K, Jalan PJU 1/3A, Sunway MAS Commercial Centre, 47301 Petaling Jaya, Selangor.
3. Registration via email and Online Transfer to Bank account, with your full name and membership number (if any):
Name: National Association of Christian Counsellors, Malaysia
MBB A/C No. 5122 3134 8681
** Important: For payment methods 2 & 3, please email your registration and bank in or transfer payment confirmation to: firstname.lastname@example.org otherwise we cannot register you for this event.
(Saturday) 9:30 AM - 12:30 PM
Dr. Yeo Pei Li
Dr. Yeo Pei Li
A licensed counsellor with the Malaysia's Board of Counsellor since 2003. She specializes in career counseling, family counseling, and using psychometric testing in her sessions, such as administering personality test, career interest test, aptitude test and couples test. Besides counseling, she lectures, gives talks and conducts workshops to a wide spectrum of society, i.e. from school children to corporate staff. Topics she has trained or lecture include Personal Development Series such as self-discovery, leadership, time management, motivation, paracounseling skills, sex education, career planning, resume writing and interviewing skills. Her doctorate is in counsellor education and supervision from Regent University. She is the Dean of Counselling at Alpha Omega International College, board member of NACC Malaysia and an active member of the Family Life Ministries at FGA KL, her home church. She was formerly a banker and has worked in the Customer Service Division and Training Department.